Thursday, November 20, 2008

Zero Down 80 20 Mortgage Loans: How to Purchase Your Home with No Money Down

If you are a homebuyer lacking the necessary 20% down payment to purchase you home, an 80/20 mortgage could get you the financing you need. An 80 20 mortgage is basically two loans covering 100% of the purchase price. Here are the basics of 100% financing to help you decide if this type of loan is right for you.

The 80 20 mortgage is actually two loans covering 100% of the purchase price. Your primary mortgage will cover 80% of the purchase price; the remaining 20% will be a second loan often referred to as a “piggyback” loan. This type of mortgage has the additional benefit of not requiring Private Mortgage Insurance. Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) is an insurance policy that many borrowers are often required to purchase that can add hundreds of dollars to your payment amount.

Another advantage of a piggyback mortgage is that the loan typically comes with a fixed interest rate. You may have the option of taking out a line of credit for your second mortgage; if you take the equity line of credit your loan will have an adjustable interest rate. The interest rate on your second mortgage will be higher than your primary mortgage because this lender assumes a greater risk.

To learn more about your no money down mortgage options, register for a free mortgage guidebook.

To get your free mortgage guidebook visit using the link below.

Louie Latour specializes in showing homeowners how to avoid common mortgage mistakes and predatory lenders. For a free copy of "Mortgage Refinancing: What You Need to Know," which teaches strategies to find the best mortgage and save thousands of dollars in the process, visit

Claim your free guidebook today at:

80 20 Mortgage Loan

Article Source: